Sunday, October 17, 2010

Well, this week contained a life lesson. Thou shall not use regular dish soap in the dishwasher machine. This is the result... Not good. Especially since last week I attempted to burn down the house. What loving, patient, understanding roomates I have.

On a postitive note, Hanna and I took Summit to the Ranch this weekend. Heifer International is an experience everyone should give a go. Had the time of my life and went into a depressing culure shock upon returning to the Quad Saturday night. Then again, I was not placed in the Refugee Camp (Sorry Thailand). Overall, Heifer's mission is unique because they work specfically with hunger not starvation. Thier mission is to not just provide a temporary meal, but to give people the resources and education to create thier own self-sustaining lifestyle. This is Heifer's solution to world poverty and its a good one. Look into it!

Also, I think im starting a compost box at summit (worms, dirt, and leftovers) ....yummy. Further news on how that turns out! I have a feeling the winter will hinder this project.....

Inspirational Fun For the Day: "Harambe" in Swahili means "Let us all pull together" is Kenya's national motto and the phrase that gets things goin in Africa. So, people of Summit, Harambe!!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment