Friday, November 19, 2010

It's Almost Thanksgiving!

Hello Everyone! 


I Hope everyone is looking forward to Thanksgiving break and all the good food we get to stuff our faces with! This month Isabel's Angels planned on volunteering at an event of Isabel's unfortunately they told us the week of the event we were no longer needed. On the plus side we have scheduled times to work at Isabel's house for the weeks to come! We are also planning a bake sale in the commons to raise awareness about Isabel's house, all proceeds will be going towards Isabel's house. Thus far I feel like I haven't impacted Isabel's House as much as I would like too, but I think that feeling will change when I begin working at the house next week. 


Summit has been a great experience I couldn't ask for better roommates! I LOVE having my own room, a kitchen, and a washer and dryer! Also our fellow Summit neighbors are pretty darn cool! The last summit social was awesome! There is nothing like a 5 layer bean dip, hot dogs, and sweets! The best part of summit this month is when I see our neighbors Christmas decorations all lit up and cute, it always makes me feel all warm inside. 


So far I am really liking the stress free and wellness program! I definitely like Tia Chi it makes me want to just bust down a wall with my chi. Also yoga has been cool I really like the lion Pose. The wellness program has also taught me relaxation techniques that help when I am under a lot of stress. 


To sum everything up summit is pretty darn AWESOME and everything that we do for summit is a great experience and a lot of fun!


I hope everyone has an AWESOME BREAK!


Emily Kessler

No comments:

Post a Comment