Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

This month we have turned in all of our paperwork to Isabel's House. Now we are able to go there and interact with the children, before we weren't aloud to interact with the children just volunteer in other ways. We had planned on decorating the house for Christmas but they double scheduled us with another group so we didn't get to. 
The toughest experiences we have had was getting all of the paperwork turned in. There are a lot of requirements that we have to go through before we can start volunteering. Some of the background checks got lost and what not, but now we are rolling. Even though we had a hard time getting started it was still worth it. Emily and I live here in Springfield, so maybe over Christmas break we will be able to continue volunteering to make up for the time that we lost waiting on background checks.
I think next semester will go a lot smoother. We will have everything turned in and now we will just make a regular schedule of days to go to Isabel's House and work with the kids. We also still have our full budget so we will be able to do a lot for the kids in the Spring. 
I have gained the skill of patience. When living with 3 other girls you have to be patient and understanding. I have also become more organized and cautious about time management. We have all learned to be responsible in many ways: responsible for cleaning up our messes was a big thing we have learned. I have learned a lot about what it will be like when I actually live out by myself. 
 I really enjoyed the Wellness Program. It was fun to experience different relaxation techniques that I wouldn't normally try if I wasn't forced to. I think the main thing I have learned it to just take time out for myself. 
 I can't wait for Christmas Break! Sleep in and sleep in my bed. See my dog Boni and hang out with my family. We are redoing our house so my family is living at our lake house at Tablerock and it is so pretty down there so I am really excited to spend  Christmas at the lake. I am also excited to see my friends from high school when they all come back in town. 



Hanna 

No comments:

Post a Comment