Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Final Farewells - Last Blog

I would first like to say that I will sincerely miss ALL of our devoted readers...I know this blog has enriched the lives of countless individuals and I hope they can find closure.

But alas, as they say, on to business.

1. My experience at Summit this past year has been more about learning how to work within a group more than anything else.
2. I have gained experience in communication skills, especially with peers, that will continue to help me in my Drury experience.
3. I learned how to cook without setting off the fire alarm.
4. In the end, our project works with Isabel's House to make the kids feel comfortable while they are in a difficult situation. In essence, to make them feel more at home.
5. Well, I would not have had a kitchen. The commons probably would have killed me. Just kidding, I would not have been able to add a new skill set to my resume or build relationships with people in the Springfield community.
6. I might have picked a different project. Isabel's House is a wonderful organization but they are already given more help than honestly they know what to do with. I have learned that volunteers there actually end up being more of a burden on the staff than anything. I think I could have made more of an impact if we would have chosen Rivendale or another children's advocacy center.
7. Pick a project not based on how cool it sounds but rather how much you would realistically be able to contribute to it because you have it all year and doing one thing gets very very old.

So, that was it...farewell Andrew! It has been a pleasure writing to you.

- Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment