Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Our Last Day's


Dear Summit Pals,

This year has been a great year! I am sad to be leaving such great housing and community. It has been real and fun and I hope next years groups will have as much fun and great experience as I have.

My summit experience this  past year has opened my eyes to major issues the affect the lives of children not only in the Springfield area but all over the United States.

Summit has been a great experience, it will help me be aware of all the efforts going on to make Springfield a better community. Summit has also motivate me to be involved in our community and to challenge myself to become more aware of what is going on. Summit has not only been a great experience but the greatest thing I have learned from living in Summit Park is that time management and commitment are two important things to know before you enter a program such as Summit. I have also learned that the crazy lady across the street is probably both a trash/belonging hoarder but also a cat hoarder. I feel like I have impacted the community by just raising awareness of Isabel's House. I don't know how many times someone has asked me "what have you been up to" or "what are you doing," when I reply "Isabel's House" they always ask "what is that?"

If I never got into summit I don't think my life would be any different I just feel like I wouldn't be aware of Isabel's House and  all the sad reasons why children are sent there. Looking back at the summit experience over the past year I would of changed the hours needed to be worked and turn it into a challenge of who could do the most hours. I think there would have to be a minimum amount of hour done but a competition would motivate people to participate and become more involved in their organization. For Future summit groups I would advise them to work with a workable project. Isabel's house was super awesome but at the same time it was hard because half the time they didn't need us and when they did we were barley with the kids. Other then the inconvenience of never knowing what is going to go on at Isabel's house, the staff worked with us and helped us help them.

I am really going to miss all the yummy Summit dinners but most of all I am really going to miss living with all of my wonderful roommates they were truly the best! I am also going to miss not being able to live where I get free laundry and a dishwasher! 

SUMMIT YOU ROCK!!!

Isabel Angel,

Emily Kessler

No comments:

Post a Comment