Friday, December 10, 2010

House Work

Summit,

I am proudly glad to announce that I have been able to work at Isabel's House for the past three weeks! It was so nice to volunteer, Thank You Background Check! 

During this season the census is up! My first time volunteering there was 12 kids at the house is was crazy! I really was unsure of what I needed to do but I caught on quickly to the fact that is was play time! I got to play dress up, trucks, and house. The best part of the first experience was eating with the kids, man can they eat. I was able to teach kids how to use their utensils and clean off their plates. After spending time with all the kids it made me realize how luck I am.

The next time I went to volunteer I arrived during lunch and nap time! I felt bad because I had no idea what I  was going to do during nap time but they had a job for me. I got to feed a 3 month old baby and try to give tummy time (Learn how to use arm strength). Tummy time didn't work out to well so I ended up just rocking him back and forth. It was the best thing ever! I had a stressful day and just being in a rocking chair with a little baby was so relaxing.

After volunteering at Isabel's House various times there was always 2 plus kids there until I went to Volunteer this week and all of the kids I worked with in the previous week returned home. It was great news to know there were no children but bad news for me because I didn't know what to do. Isabel's house knew what to do though, the made me organize and clean out the toy closet. The toy closet was every kids dream name any toy and it was in there. It took me about two hours to organize and clean out the closet it was a little overwhelming! After that day they told me to keep calling each day to get volunteer hours and it wasn't until Thursday that they had a new round of young-ins. 

Isabel's is a great place for all of the kids once you start volunteering there it make you be aware of everything going on around you and the importance of volunteering.

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY AND REMEMBER HOW LUCKY YOU ARE!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment